couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Ronnie F. Moller, Jr." <ron...@redbaronconsulting.com>
Subject RE: Upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:31:11 GMT

?

Yes. Not touching the original old server.

> >> My plan is to move the couchdb files manually. The old server
definition
> has a util driver of couch-1.0.1, so I updated this to 1.2.0.
>
> Um you mean your edited default.ini? Or this was found in your
local.ini file?
> You shouldn't need to add this to the new server's local.ini

The old server had this in the default.ini, and the default.ini is what
was modified to point to the new data directory, instead of overriding
the local.ini. I guess I could leave the default.ini stock, and do just
modify the local.ini where needed. This does produce the same
end-results, as long as I do not include the util-driver line.

> >> Now when I run the web interface I get a growing log file and the
erlang
> debug window shows lots of numbers just streaming.
> >>
> >> Is this an upgrade process, or did I make a bad assumption on the
> process?
>
> does curling / work?
>
> how are you starting couchdb? any immediate errors on startup

I am starting couchdb using the "start couch" batch file so that the
debug window for erl is shown. I can browse to the utils, and everything
appears normal until I attempt to login as a user. Then it outputs a
constant scrolling of numbers separated by spaces. At first I thought
this was an update, until I realized they were not incrementing, but
appear random.