couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CDR <cdr.devi...@free.fr>
Subject Re: database dynamic hot plug (attach / detach)
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:47:09 GMT
Thank you to have enlighten my questions.

To summarise, two choices:
 - start a  server for each db, then merge queries from the n server to
produce an output.
 - patch couchdb to add support of 'attach' and 'detach'
functionalities. But still end with mutliple view (one per db per fs)
that require result merging to produce an output.

I think the first one sound more reasonable :)
Just by curiosity, the attach and detach have to be coded in Erlang,
involving file open and close. Is their a request queue, current IO or
something like that inside couchdb? I guess I just need to watch server
shutdown code.

Regards.