couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Googcheng <googch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request object in validate_doc_update
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 15:16:19 GMT
Hi,all! I have build a website like http://gets.so ,  and it seems uploading files  is slow
,  so how can I improve it? Please give me some advice!  Thanks!

Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org>编写:

>http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API#Standalone_Attachments
>
>It's quite easy (and efficient) to stream large attachments in and out
>of couchdb. What difficulty are you having?
>
>B.
>
>On 31 May 2012 09:02, Nils Breunese <N.Breunese@vpro.nl> wrote:
>>
>> Op 29 mei 2012, om 17:50 heeft Googcheng het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> Yes,  the couchapp is awesome , but it seems that there is a difficulty to handle
big size attachments via the REST API

>> Could you elaborate? CouchDB's REST API is the only API you can use to interact with
it, so how would putting a layer on top of CouchDB change anything? Do you have any specific
problems with large attachments?

>>> and submitting files by a form ,  must add a  backend
>>
>> CouchDB's admin interface Futon (/_utils) is a CouchApp as well and I can upload
attachments via a form in Futon just fine.