couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "dan@danmyersconsulting.com" <...@danmyersconsulting.com>
Subject Re: include_docs with _all_docs
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 06:58:59 GMT
Jeans,
1. You believe in documentation but not in the database? So should I assume you'd put it in
a text file or Word doc outside the DB? If so it will get out of sync over time and as a programmer
you don't want to spend time keeping that doc up to date so like my thread with Mark, a report
of what attributes exist is self maintaining if based in the DB.

In terms of what NoSQL is or isn't let's see what the community thinks, and what the industry
buys. I forecast that enterprises will only adopt NoSQL dbs that support enterprise class
needs including metadata and compliance.

Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

On May 9, 2012, at 2:53 PM, <dan@danmyersconsulting.com<mailto:dan@danmyersconsulting.com>>