couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 14:19:48 GMT
I believe multiple design documents will build views concurrently but one
design document is basically done sequentially by the change sequence...
not positive.

So you could try splitting out your views into multiple design documents
and hit them to see if that helps spread out the CPU usage. I want to say a
lot of the CPU usage is the serialization process that is happening
communicating from CouchDB's core to the view engine process.

Anyway with the list you specify any view and all_docs is a view with all
documents in a database. So if you know the ids you want to work with you
can doe a normal view query with a list function.
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API#all_docs

That's what Robert was trying to get at.

--
“The limits of language are the limits of one's world. “ - Ludwig von
Wittgenstein

"Water is fluid, soft and yielding. But water will wear away rock, which is
rigid and cannot yield. As a rule, whatever is fluid, soft and yielding
will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. This is another paradox: what is
soft is strong." - Lao-Tzu