couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: Applying a custom patch when building with build-couchdb
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 00:33:40 GMT
Hi, Paul. I am the maintainer of build-couchdb.

That's very interesting. As Paul Davis said; you might not need your
patch anymore; however the general principle applies and is a good
one.

My first thought is to apply your patch as a commit (or tag) into your
own Git fork of CouchDB, and then use the rake parameter
"git=username@git-server.tld:path/to/repo tag_name"

That will fetch your own tag instead of using the built-in one.

If you want a feature of applying an arbitrary patch set before
building; that sounds pretty cool! If so, please add an issue to the
issue tracker and we can flesh out how it should work and get that
working. (I think it would be a minimal effort since build-couchdb
does very similar things already.)

    https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb/issues

Thanks!

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Paul Hirst <paul.hirst@sophos.com> wrote:
> I have a custom patch with increases the javascript stack quota (from 20M to 200M). I
need this to process some of the ridiculously large documents I have in my database. Without
it the view build fails. I've been using it since Couch 0.10. I recently built version 1.2
using build-couchdb for the first time, previously I was rolling my own Ubuntu packages but
I figured build-couchdb might be easier.

--
Iris Couch