couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Rakotojaona <matthieu.rakotoja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hierarchical comments Hacker News style
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 10:44:20 GMT
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Luca Matteis <lmatteis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Instead I want
> them ordered based on a "points" variable that I want to add to the
> path - but can't seem to understand where I could be adding this
> variable for it to work the way I want it.

You could emit the parent's path and the post's points, instead of the
parent's path and the post's id : you'd have something like

["905"] // 905 points for post "1"
["1","36"] // 36 points for post "1/4"
["1","76"] // 76 points for post "1/2"
["1","2","14"] // 14 points for post "1/2/3"

If you want to have a clear distinction between id and post, you could
emit an underscore before the number of points, ie _14 for a post that
has 14 points.

--
Matthieu RAKOTOJAONA