couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcello Nuccio <marcello.nuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "WWW-Authenticate" config option keeps getting lowercased
Date Mon, 14 May 2012 05:34:08 GMT
I have
    [httpd]
    WWW-Authenticate = Basic realm="administrator"

and it works for me. Can you try to add the "realm"?

HTH,
  Marcello

2012/5/13 Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com>:
> I’m trying to enable correct HTTP auth in my CouchDB by adding the option:
>        [httpd]
>        WWW-Authenticate = Basic
>
> If I add this using Futon it works … but then it stops working after the server is
restarted. Looking at the .ini file on disk, the option got written out with the name lowercased:
>        www-authenticate = Basic
> I’ve tried several times to edit the config file (after shutting down the server) and
fixing the capitalization, but it keeps getting reset to lowercase every time the server starts.

> Is this a known issue? Is it something that’s been fixed recently? My server is out
of date but I’m having trouble installing 1.2 (see prior thread.)