couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Luca Matteis <lmatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Request object in validate_doc_update
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 11:43:09 GMT
I have a scenario where I'm building a CouchApp that needs to deny
certain behavior from happening based on the user's IP address.
However, the request object isn't available in validate_doc_update()
functions.

Would it be good to consider this as a new feature to be implemented?
This would enable people to build much more secure CouchApps, without
having to use proxies/firewalls and such. I personally think that
CouchApps are opening up a whole new paradigm for developing web-apps,
making them really easy to distribute around and to install (think of
kanso), since they only require a simple push to a Couch instance.

So adding new security features such as this, would enable even more
apps to be built this way.

What do you think?