couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <>
Subject init terminating in do_boot
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 15:22:13 GMT
Dear lists,

I recently installed CouchDB 1.2.0 from source on CentOS 5.8 (final) with
Erlang/OTP R15B01 (installed from source with no errors at installation).
It reported no errors in configuration (not even warnings) and no errors in
make && sudo make install. Still, I keep receiving the following message
when I try to start it:

Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 (LogLevel=info) is starting.
{"init terminating in

couch_server_sup.erl (line 98): {ok, Pid} = supervisor:start_link({local,
couch_server_sup}, couch_server_sup, BaseChildSpecs),

No log entry.

I know it returns {error, shutdown} instead of {ok, Pid}, but my question
is how can I find what exactly is the problem there? Log level to debug
doesn't add any other info.

It's not a problem of permissions because I run couchdb as root. I used as IP and the default values for the rest. The erl_crash.dump file
doesn't provide other information (or I miss it, so, if anyone wants to
inspect it, I can provide it).