couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: manipulating .couch files
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 19:12:23 GMT
Hi Tim!

Why not just to setup database authorization?
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview#Authorization

However, if you'd like to completely hide database, even his name,
probably placing CouchDB behind proxy(nginx) would be the best
solution. Also, instead of moving .couch file far away from
/var/lib/couchdb you could play with chmod to remove rw permissions
from couch user for your secret db, but take a look on previous
options first.

--