couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: init terminating in do_boot
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 20:05:39 GMT
On 31 May 2012 18:39, CGS <> wrote:
> I haven't attached any COUCHDB_USER variable to my BASH session (unless the
> couchdb script adds it, but I see no COUCHDB_USER in that script). So, no
> 'su'ing away from root.
> Is there any known problem in between CouchDB and Erlang/OTP R15B01? Any
> idea, downgrading Erlang version would do any good?

You might get something useful by starting 'erl -init_debug' & then to start up
erlang solo (not as couch) and then progressively start up dependent apps:

    erl -init_debug  -env ERL_LIBS
/usr/local/Cellar/couchdb/1.2.0/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib -couch_ini

and then:

    application:load(crypto), application:start(crypto).
    application:load(couch), application:start(couch).

output should resemble this (from my mac):

View raw message