couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: security: disable GET to some user
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 11:52:48 GMT
On 29 May 2012 13:29, Alessandro <dedalus2000@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   I'm "exploring" couchdb, and I'd like to know how can I use as front-end
> also.
>
> So I think I need to disable the reading of some document to some
> users/roles/groups.
>
> Is this possible? Or have I to use a different front-end?
>
> Thanks
> Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

Security within CouchDB is at the DB level only, not the document level.
There is no simple generic solution for securing document access without
leaking information, if you are also providing aggregated data through
map/reduced views.

You may find Matt's post
http://blog.mattwoodward.com/2012/03/definitive-guide-to-couchdb.htmluseful.

A+