couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Applying a custom patch when building with build-couchdb
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 17:16:54 GMT
On 21 May 2012 17:55, Paul Hirst <paul.hirst@sophos.com> wrote:

> I have a custom patch with increases the javascript stack quota (from 20M
> to 200M). I need this to process some of the ridiculously large documents I
> have in my database. Without it the view build fails. I've been using it
> since Couch 0.10. I recently built version 1.2 using build-couchdb for the
> first time, previously I was rolling my own Ubuntu packages but I figured
> build-couchdb might be easier.
>
> Is there I way I can apply custom patches when using build-couchdb?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ________________________________
>
> Sophos Limited, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP,
> United Kingdom.
> Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 991 2418 08.

1.2.0 already supports this;

Usage: couchjs [FILE]

The couchjs command runs the Apache CouchDB JavaScript interpreter.

The exit status is 0 for success or 1 for failure.

  -h          display a short help message and exit
  -V          display version information and exit
  -H          enable couchjs cURL bindings (only avaiable
              if package was built with cURL available)
  -S SIZE     specify that the interpreter should set the
              stack quota for JS contexts to SIZE bytes

Report bugs at <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB>.

Re custom patches on build-couchdb, simplest approach is to fork, apply
your patch to a custom branch and then use  something like:

 rake git="git://me.github.com/couchdb.git a_fork" install=a_spoon

A+ Dave