couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Cory Zue <c...@dimagi.com>
Subject why is couch stealing all my resources?
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 06:34:27 GMT
Hi folks,

I have a production app deployed on couchdb and it's been going great for a
while. However recently it has started to hog lots of the CPU cycles on our
machine. Also, view rebuilds seem to be happening at a crawl (maybe just
because the machine is taxed).

We're on couch 1.0.1. The database is about 12 GB. We recently ran
compaction for the first time. Site traffic has steadily increased
recently, but not to the point where I would expect it to have such a large
affect on performance.

Is there any way to see why couch is taking so much resources? I had
thought to temporarily switch the logging to debug mode and see if there's
anything interesting there, but curious what other tools/techniques people
have used to profile couch.

Any general advice on this problem would also be useful.

thanks,
Cory