couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 11:08:11 GMT
Or use a list function;

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List

You can use one with _all_docs and you can POST an array of ids too.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_view_API

> Since 0.9 you can also issue POST requests to views where you can send the following
JSON structure in the body:
> {"keys": ["key1", "key2", ...]}

B.

On 24 May 2012 11:58, Mike Kimber <mkimber@kana.com> wrote:
> Looking at Show documentation and running a quick test I don't think this helps as Show
has to be referenced by a doc._id or view key. If these aren't provided it returns null. This
makes sense as its for generation of a html, XML page/doc etc.

> So I'd have to  get a list of all doc ID's I want and then call the show function for
each and to get a filtered list I need a view.

> Mike

post (or the 2nd one) or your response. When I look at my original post in Google Reader is
has "An error occurred while fetching this message, sorry !", so there must be something in
the e-mail that the mailing list system does not like.

use the document ID". I do this because I load the data into Luciddb and this allows me to
join between tables. This is not my end game this is just a compromise due to the time it
takes to generate a view and my need to play/discover with the data.

> I will look at show to see if It helps, however it does not really answer my original
questions and it does not remove the more general issue that view build takes a very long
time, it only uses a single CPU and uses a bucket load of space even with compression on (no
idea why when it has a lot less data than the original)