couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Erlang reduce functions
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 10:03:23 GMT
Yep, you can use show and list functions from "foreign" design documents;

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List

I appreciate the inconvenience of a design document having a single
language, there are underlying architectural reasons for that but
perhaps there's a useful discussion to be hand in addressing them.

I can't let a mention of native views go by without reminding you that
there's no sandbox (a file:delete(Path) call in any function will
succeed if the user that couchdb is running as has permission).

B.

On 31 May 2012 09:21, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Thursday, 31 May 2012 at 07:49, Mathias Leppich wrote:
>
>> But my problem is that if you want your views to be build via erlang, you also have
to convert list and show functions to erlang, because you can not use list/show functions
from design doc A (js) with views from design doc B, right?

> Nope, you can access a view from ddoc A in a list in ddoc B, at least I can with javascript
ddocs, don't have an erlang one to hand.