couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: How does OAuth support, or custom headers, work in the replicator?
Date Mon, 21 May 2012 21:43:03 GMT

On May 21, 2012, at 2:28 PM, Jim Klo wrote:
> I'm a bit confused though by your statement Adam (and maybe I'm being a bit naive), but
that doesn't quite jive with me..
> is the resultant replicator doc something like this?

My understanding is that it looks like this:

{
	"source": "widgets",
        "target": {
			"url": "https://www.example.com/couchdb/widgets",
			"oauth": {
				"consumer_secret": "...",
				"consumer_key": "...",
                		"token_secret": "...",
				"signature_method": "…"

The "source" or "target" property can optionally be an object with the URL in a "url" property,
instead of just a string. This allows extra metadata, like headers or auth, to be added to
it.

However, Adam says "It looks like e.g. source.auth.oauth would be a JSON object…" whereas
the Replication page on the wiki says to add the "oauth" key directly to the source or target
object. I illustrated the latter above, but I'm not sure which is correct.

—Jens