couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Mac OS install of couchdb via homebrew is failing
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 18:42:44 GMT
I’m trying to install couchdb on OS X 10.7 using homebrew. The compile is failing with C
errors using SpiderMonkey APIs:

	In file included from couch_js/main.c:18:
	couch_js/sm180.c:261:63: error: too many arguments provided to function-like macro invocation
	    JS_FS("_open", (JSNative) req_open, 3, JSFUN_FAST_NATIVE, 0),
	                                                              ^
…and a few dozen very similar errors.

I think this is a version conflict with SpiderMonkey; maybe homebrew isn’t smart enough
to pick the right version to compile with. And I’m not smart enough with homebrew to figure
out how to reconfigure it.

To be honest I’d much rather just download a binary of CouchDB 1.2, but there doesn’t
seem to be one. Is no one keeping CouchDBX up to date?

—Jens