couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.be...@utt.fr>
Subject Re: Am I doing something fundamentally wrong??!!
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 11:57:19 GMT
Hi Mike,

> Views (no reduce just maps): https://gist.github.com/2774491 and  https://gist.github.com/2774485

I'm a bit puzzled by the fact that your map functions use the document ID as their key. Map/Reduce
is really needed when you need to organize your data in a different way. Moreover, I wonder
how do you use those views. Do you send 100k requests? One for every document?

If you need only several reformatted document once in a while, you should use 'show' functions
instead. Then, you won't need to build views anymore. Your reformatted document will be computed
on the fly.

Regards,

Aurélien