couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Bardubitzki <step...@bardubitzki.com>
Subject Re: How to get the doc
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 16:47:34 GMT
Thanks Simon, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Stephan

On 12-05-31 09:32 AM, Simon Metson wrote:
> I think in general you want to avoid emitting the doc body (for each view that you do
this you'll increase your database size by the size of your documents). I vaguely recall someone
saying it's faster to have the doc body in the view (because there's one look up instead of
two) but I've not noticed it to be a problematic difference, and any non-trivial database
is going to be large enough to not want to include the doc body IMHO.