couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Couch DB metadata
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 17:50:55 GMT

On May 8, 2012, at 10:38 PM, dan@danmyersconsulting.com<mailto:dan@danmyersconsulting.com>
wrote:

Can someone tell me or point me to documentation on how to view CouchDB's document metadata;
how to add additional 'comments' at the document attribute level?

There isn’t really any separate metadata for CouchDB documents. The metadata is simply a
set of reserved document properties/attributes whose names begin with an “_”, such as
“_id”, “_rev”, “_attachments”, etc.

If you want to add a comment-like attribute, just pick a new name that’s neither _-prefixed
nor being used for any other purpose by users of your documents.

—Jens