couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: How does OAuth support, or custom headers, work in the replicator?
Date Sat, 19 May 2012 18:59:13 GMT

On May 18, 2012, at 6:05 PM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> I had to read the code for this one.  It looks like e.g. source.auth.oauth would be a
JSON object with "consumer_secret", "consumer_key", "token_secret", and "token" fields (and
an optional "signature_method" field).  The Authorization header would be computed by the
replicator for each request using this information.

Does anyone here know more about OAuth? I'm implementing the MAC authorization scheme* that
OAuth uses, but the parameters it takes don't seem to match up with what's listed above. The
parameters I need to compute the Authorization header are {key,  key identifier, issue time}.

(This is for the purpose of implementing OAuth support in TouchDB, by the way.)

—Jens

* http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-v2-http-mac-00