couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject CouchDB 1.2.0 replication failing
Date Wed, 09 May 2012 01:22:49 GMT
Hi,

I'm having some issues trying to "PULL" replicate from my target db (version 1.2.0) where
the source db is (version 1.1.1).

Details and log here: https://gist.github.com/2640917

Basically it runs for some time, then hits some update sequence and 1.2.0 thinks _changes
feed in 1.1.1 has stalled. However I can use curl and it the _changes feed does indeed return,
but it takes several minutes before it starts.  Not sure how to solve, but this is a real
blocker right now, as I'd hate to pull production offline for 8+ hours just to sync the dbs.

FWIW, I made a copy of the .couch database file from 1.1.1 and placed it a different directory...
and ran the same filtered replication locally within the same CouchDB instance successfully...
but in the time it took for the replication to run... I got more docs... which I figured I
could just use replication from 1.1.1 instance to 1.2.0 instance to 'top it off'.

Any advice?

Thanks,

- Jim

Jim Klo