couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Wadholm <rwadh...@maf.org>
Subject RE: Library System in production
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 19:08:17 GMT
Couchdb itself is still RESTful even in a multi-user environment, and is
very relaxing if you're using and building open data sets and are not
overburdening your server(s). If the data (including personal data) becomes
something that is not open (or a security issue), it's a bit more work to
make CouchDB truly locked down (I think it wants to be free;).
Authentication and partitioning of users and DBs, however, is often
something that gets taken care of at the application level and/or in the
technology stack used alongside couch.

The Little Library is built intentionally for open data sets and multi-user
environments, and has a fully RESTful interface for users (and for user
setup) that is taken care of at the application level (in the design
document) and at the technology stack level (a separate RESTful PHP proxy
takes care of automating multiuser DB tasks online and with
authentication/user setup issues, and the Java-reliant CouchApp Takeout
makes local installation of the software and application itself relaxing).

So I think there are good tools out there that make setting up specific
kinds of multi-user environments very relaxing, and CouchDB itself does a
good job at basic multi-user environments, and with playing nicely with
other tools/languages/environments that can add functionality (via it's
RESTful interface).

I think that overall--even when there are lots of people on the couch--it's
still comfy.

>>>are they relax for the multi-user environment

在 2012年5月11日星期五,Robert Wadholm 写道: