There's a whole bunch of ways to do that... but here are 2:

1. create a map function that emits all the days of the event as keys - the searching for any particular day would yield those events
2. use geocouch, store the start & end dates as a box, then you can use the current date as a bbox to find all events that overlap. Using this method, you'd want to store time as an integer value and not a string.

IMHO #2 is probably a cleaner approach, but requires GeoCouch.

- Jim

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering