couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: CouchDB & inspection
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:24:23 GMT
Righto, I'll look at the PID file. I'm using BigCouch and it seems that instance_start_time
is always 0.

Not a problem since this inspection daemon will be on a per-server basis.

Thanks for the help!

Martin

On 25 Apr 2012, at 15:52, Robert Newson wrote:

> I don't think there's a way to grab uptime of the server, but GET
> /dbname will give instance_start_time.
>
> I'd look at the time your pidfile was last modified or something.
>
> B.
>
> On 25 April 2012 14:41, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>> I'm assuming these numbers are since the last time CouchDB was restarted? Is there
any way of knowing how long it's been up for?

>> Martin
>> On 25 Apr 2012, at 14:00, Robert Newson wrote:
>>
>>> Have you seen /_stats ?
>>>
>>> B.

apps and so on, and I was wondering if there's a way we can hook into CouchDB to extract basic
inspection details like request duration, that sort of thing?

measuring everything app-side, whilst simpler, doesn't quite give us the insight we're looking
for.