couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dominic Tarr <dominic.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: suggestion for improvement
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 07:37:02 GMT
I'm working on some projects that may be of use to you.

I'm already down these rabbit holes!

I have https://github.com/dominictarr/xdiff which diffs and patches json.
it can also do a 3-way merge, which is used to reconcile concurrent changes.

Also, I have https://github.com/dominictarr/snob which manages series of
changes.
it's the same architecture as git. but allows you to plug in a difftool
(that implements diff, diff3, and patch)

since you have already architected your application, xdiff may be more
useful to you.
either way, i've been working on these mainly because they are interesting
problems,
and would be very interested to see how they apply in practice.

is the browser also sending back changes? or is it only going one way?