couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Matthieu Rakotojaona <matthieu.rakotoja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replication with document transformation
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 18:14:14 GMT
On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Tim Kuijsten <info@netsend.nl> wrote:
> Is there a way to somehow transform the document while it's
> being replicated by the filter so in 1 database it's represented as
> "Webstore Chicago" and in the other db this same doc has "Webstore 501"?

You basically want 2 versions of the same doc, wich are just 2
different docs. All I see is that you use one doc and store all the
context-specific names in the doc. You would then have as many
'context-names' as databases; This is not very good if you have
multiple dynamic nodes, but can be sufficient for your needs.

In fact couchDB nodes aim to be replication nodes that you can target
as you want; If you are using different docs based on the site, you
are in fact on the way to using 2 different datasets that are somewhat
related; I don't think this is a case taken into account by couchDB.

--
Matthieu RAKOTOJAONA