couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcello Nuccio <marcello.nuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: standalone couchdb?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:14:13 GMT
2012/4/19 Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Marcello Nuccio
> <marcello.nuccio@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/4/19 Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> http://github.com/refuge/rcouch
>>
>> Can it be used to build a specific version of CouchDB?
>>
>> http://refuge.io/ says it's based on CouchDB-1.3, but I want to use
>> 1.2, or any other version.
>>
> Then use any version.... ;)
>
>  It's based on trunk + some fixes, changes. compatible with latest
> stable and bigcouch. It's also used in prod in many locations.

Then the answer is "no, you can't use it to build CouchDB", right?

It's important for me to know exactly what version of CouchDB I'm
using, because most of CouchDB upgrades that I've done, even minor,
has had some breaking changes. So my concerns are on strict
compatibility, not on stability or reliability.

Marcello