couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Marcello Nuccio <marcello.nuc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: standalone couchdb?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:48:41 GMT
2012/4/20 Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com>:
> On Friday, April 20, 2012, Marcello Nuccio wrote:
>
>> 2012/4/19 Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com <javascript:;>>:

>> > Then use any version.... ;)
>> >
>> >  It's based on trunk + some fixes, changes. compatible with latest
>> > stable and bigcouch. It's also used in prod in many locations.
>>
>> Then the answer is "no, you can't use it to build CouchDB", right?
>

> I'm not sure what you mean there. but ok.

That's because of my bad english, sorry. I will try to be more clear.

The rcouch's README says:

- "rcouch is a static distribution of couchdb using rebar."
- "It is an extraction of the refuge code to ease the distribution of couchdb."

That is great, and it's what I was looking for. But then it says:

- "Based on the couchdb code it is tagged from time to time for
stability purpose. At some point some supported branch may appear."

Does this mean that I can't use it to build a *static* distribution,
e.g., of couchdb-1.2?

Sorry if this this is a very dumb question...

thanks,
  Marcello