couchdb-user mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.2 will not compile on CentOS 5
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:38:08 GMT
Hi,

It seems the configure script is looking for the specific directory "js"
which, in your case, is missing. CouchDB adds to your path "/usr/include"
that "js" directory and therefore the link gets broken. One way to solve
this is to create a directory "js" in "/usr/include" and to link the
headers files there (or to copy them there). Otherwise, a developer should
come forward to explain how to tell the configure script to avoid the
default addition of "js" directory to the path.

Explanation. Your config error includes:

checking js/jsapi.h usability... no
checking js/jsapi.h presence... no
checking for js/jsapi.h... no

and your path is:

[root@server apache-couchdb-1.2.0]# locate jsapi.h
/usr/include/jsapi.h

If one compares the two, it easily seen that the configure script is
looking for "/usr/include/js/jsapi.h" which doesn't exist in your system.

I hope this observation will help.

Cheers,
CGS