couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <>
Subject Re: view_duplicated_id on CouchDB 1.2
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:48:00 GMT
On 18 April 2012 08:52, Stefan Kögl <> wrote:
> Hi,
> Compaction of one of my views stopped with the following error
> {"error":"view_duplicated_id","reason":"8c40fc1a160920a958b95e8d111aabb0"}
> (full log at The view
> and underlying database have been built and compacted with CouchDB
> 1.2.
> As discussed with dch in IRC yesterday, I'm trying to fix the problem
> temporarily by making a whitespace change to one of the views in the
> group (to change its sig), upload it with another name and index it.
> After it is built, I'll copy it over the broken view. However the view
> rebuild takes a few days and I'm afraid I will run out of disk space
> in the meantime because of the growing view. Is there any other way to
> get rid of the duplicate in the view?
> Thanks,
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

There's some background reading[1],[2],[3]  where the issue of
duplicate docs and revision limits is discussed in some depth,
although these specific issues were resolved prior to 1.2.0 & I can't
replicate those specific issues again in 1.2.0.

BTW what is the rev_limit on that db, any chance of having gone over
it for some docs, and subsequently replicated between nodes?
$COUCH/db/_revs_limit to query the per-db limit.

View raw message