couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Mac homebrew now has couchdb 1.2.0
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:20:47 GMT
Woo Homebrew!! http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Installing_on_OSX updated.

I recommend upgrading erlang (and other pre-requisites) for better
performance, and specifically for erlang, line numbers in error
messages.

For the lazy:

    brew remove --force openssl erlang couchdb icu4c spidermonkey nspr
    brew update
    brew install erlang --no-docs
    brew install couchdb

& you're done.

======
For the pedants:

There are still some edge cases where the erlang VM seems to die, on
Lion only. This is largely transparent to couchdb users as the couch
shell script wraps erlang and restarts automatically. It was first
reported by Filipe, and Paul, BenoƮt & Bob have helped me with this
over time.

I've not been able to narrow down why this happens & how to fix it,
but you might be able to help;