couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Issues with SSL
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 21:29:14 GMT
On 3 April 2012 23:03, Heather Airoldi <Heather.Airoldi@gordon.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running an application using CouchDB version 1.1.1.  The application is written
with HTML, javascript, and jQuery.  Everything was working really nicely until I enabled
SSL.  I enabled SSL using the instructions from the wiki : http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_enable_SSL.
 I am using a certificate from Entrust.  Since enabling SSL I am having major issues.

> Most notably, replication does not seem to be working anymore.  I am trying to run continuous
replication from a local machine running without SSL to an internet connected server running
SSL using push replication from the local machine to the global one.  I am mainly doing this
through a python script I created that makes use of the couchdb-python library.  This script
worked before the SSL and now it does not.  It seems to start replicating briefly (a few
seconds) but then stops without giving any errors in couch.log or anywhere I can see.

> The other issue I have is that occasionally the application will seem to stop receiving
updates to the _changes, so that new documents are not coming in unless I reload the page.
 This problem also was not seen until the SSL was enabled.

> Please help.  If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing issues like this it
would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,
>
> Heather G.

Hi Heather,

Sorry to hear that. SSL has changed quite a bit in various erlang versions.

what Erlang/OTP you're running.

After setting debug mode, (local.ini [log] level=debug), can you
re-try the replication when running couchdb interactively?
su / sudo as your couch user, then:

couchdb -i

& let us know if there's anything more illuminating.

Hopefully somebody else will chime in with a way to validate your cert
in erlang.

Finally, what's your python script actually doing? Can you
trigger replication using curl and perhaps see more information?

A+
Dave