couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject Re: suggestion for improvement
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 02:56:05 GMT
I'm sending changed docs from node to the browser.  Then the browser
compares the doc to the dom.   If i only sent doc changes there would be
less net traffic and several many of changes wouldn't need to be sent at
all.

The particular situation that caused me to post this question is a case
where only about 1% of the changes are needed.  It bugs me to have so much
unneeded traffic.

I could cache all the data sent to the client to compare in the server.
 I've also thought of writing a summary of what is changed on writes along
with the document.  I wanted to ask here before I went down any of these
rabbit holes.