couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alon Keren <alon.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reduce just N rows?
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 08:42:12 GMT
On 15 April 2012 03:48, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:

> IMHO, It isn't too much trouble to get just the list of all doc ids and the
> do a batch query for the first 10.

Thanks. When starting out, I could very well adopt such a method. On the
long run, however, I see these obstacles:
1. I would need to do this procedure per game type, whose numbers may very
well reach the hundreds, or more
2. the number of games per game type would at least reach thousands, so
fetching all keys is quite demanding
3. this data is for an often hit page

> Couch has a lot of places where multiple queries are required.  I think if
> you start to add sql features like LIMIT then you are starting down a
> slippery slope towards couch losing it's simplicity.

You definitely have a point here. That's why I'm trying to find out if (a)
others see the need for this feature and (b) if it can be *relatively*
simple to implement.

  Alon