couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alon Keren <alon.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When will BigCouch be merged into Apache Couchdb?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:34:19 GMT
On 9 April 2012 13:22, Mike Kimber <mkimber@kana.com> wrote:

> Goog,
>
> As Sam says the key feature is Dynamo style horizontal scaling
> (masterless). It's insanely easy to set up took me less than an hour to get
> a three node Centos 5.7 cluster up and running.
>
> The cloudant service provides a number of other features (see
> https://cloudant.com/#!/solutions) one of which is chained views,
> although I'm not sure if this comes in the BigCouch distribution, but is
> something that we would like and hopefully will come as part of the merge
> to Apache Couchdb at some stage.

Cloudant's chained views don't come with BigCouch, but I've been working on
my own solution, called Couch Incarnate:
https://github.com/afters/Couch-Incarnate

It's still experimental as I haven't had a chance to get back to it for a
few months, but hopefully (no promises) that would soon change.

  Alon