couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: suggestion for improvement
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:10:49 GMT
You can fetch previous revisions with ?rev=<rev> until compaction
sweeps them away, but it's considered bad practice (your administrator
should be free to compact whenever needed).

I don't think it's CouchDB's job to keep all the old versions of
documents forever, this should be solved at the application layer, it
doesn't seem particularly difficult either. If you care about the
changes a doc goes through, you should record them in the doc itself.
Whenever you update a document, add a new entry to a "history" array,
for example. We have this for replication checkpoints already.

B.