couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BigCouch - Replication failing with Cannot Allocate memory
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:24:33 GMT
Could you show your vm.args file?

On 12 April 2012 17:23, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately your request for help coincided with the two day CouchDB
> Summit. #cloudant and the Issues tab on cloudant/bigcouch are other
> ways to get bigcouch support, but we happily answer queries here too,
> when not at the Model UN of CouchDB. :D
>
> B.
>
> On 12 April 2012 17:10, Mike Kimber <mkimber@kana.com> wrote:
>> Looks like this isn't the right place based on the responses so far. Shame I hoped
this was going to help solve our index/view rebuild times etc.

>> Mike

a standalone couchdb 1.1.1 to a 3 node BigCouch cluster? If this is not the correct place
please point me in the right direction if it is then any one have any ideas why I keep getting
the following error message when I kick of a replication;

>> eheap_alloc: Cannot allocate 1459620480 bytes of memory (of type "heap").
>>
>> My set-up is:
>>
>> Standalone couchdb 1.1.1 running on Centos 5.7
>>
>> 3 Node BigCouch cluster running on Centos 5.8 with the following local.ini overrides
pulling from the Standalone couchdb (78K documents)

>> [httpd]
>> bind_address = XXX.XX.X.XX
>>
>> [cluster]
>> ; number of shards for a new database
>> q = 9
>> ; number of copies of each shard
>> n = 1
>>
>> [couchdb]
>> database_dir = /other/bigcouch/database
>> view_index_dir = /other/bigcouch/view
>>
>> The error is always generate on the third node in the cluster and the server basically
max's out on memory before hand. The other nodes seem to be doing very little, but are getting
data i.e. the shard sizes are growing. I've put the copies per shard down to 1 as currently
I'm not interested in resilience.