couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB & inspection
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:52:51 GMT
I don't think there's a way to grab uptime of the server, but GET
/dbname will give instance_start_time.

I'd look at the time your pidfile was last modified or something.

B.

On 25 April 2012 14:41, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> I'm assuming these numbers are since the last time CouchDB was restarted? Is there any
way of knowing how long it's been up for?

> Martin
> On 25 Apr 2012, at 14:00, Robert Newson wrote:
>
>> Have you seen /_stats ?
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On 25 April 2012 13:57, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> We're in the process of adding a load of instrumentation to our servers, apps
and so on, and I was wondering if there's a way we can hook into CouchDB to extract basic
inspection details like request duration, that sort of thing?

>>> We're trying to make sure we can pinpoint where any bottlenecks appear, so measuring
everything app-side, whilst simpler, doesn't quite give us the insight we're looking for.