couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: view_duplicated_id on CouchDB 1.2
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 08:37:14 GMT
Hi Stefan,

The first step is to ensure that your database does not contain
duplicates. To do this, you need to compact it in a special way.
Create a 0 byte dbname.compact file in the same place that the normal
.compact file would be, and then compact. This will force the retry
mode of the compactor which will more aggressively check for
duplicates.

Once that is done, you can rebuild the view. If you can tolerate the
absence of the view, since disk space is a premium, you could delete
the view first. Simply remove the "views" from your ddoc, save it, run
_view_cleanup to delete all the old files, re-add it, and then query
your view again. If you have modified the view a few times, you might
find that _view_cleanup frees enough space to avoid those steps.

B.