couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BigCouch & couchdb-lucene
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:04:18 GMT
If you want three copies of the index, yes. couchdb-lucene is not
bigcouch-aware in the sense that it will shard/scale the same way

On 26 April 2012 22:51, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> No, you're right, this was on a lone BigCouch test node, I'll bring up a full cluster
and test again. I'm assuming I have to install and configure couchdb-lucene identically on
all nodes?

> Martin
>
> On 26 Apr 2012, at 22:39, Robert Newson wrote:
>
>> I can reproduce it. You have not brought up a full cluster, right?
>> Local docs don't have quorum, so the attempt to make _local/lucene
>> gives a 202 but the subsequent GET is a 404. couchdb-lucene doesn't
>> expect this (because it's nuts) and so you get  an NPE when the uuid
>> is null when it 'cannot' be.
>>
>> Bringing up the full cluster and I can get search results against
>> bigcouch 0.4. I also fixed a bug when resuming from a checkpoint.
>>
>> B.
>>
>> On 26 April 2012 21:03, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>>> Robert,
>>>
>>> If it's any use, I've put the consolidated BigCouch (log level = debug) and couchdb-lucene
output here:

>>> https://gist.github.com/2502614
>>>
>>> Martin

on bringing up couchdb-lucene as part of it.

added the requisite lines into default.ini.

on the backedn (...:5986) port rather than the primary (...:5984) port, but I figured I could
deal with that, for now.

design doc from the README.md, with fields adjusted to match my documents