couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kimber <mkim...@kana.com>
Subject RE: Couchdb 1.2 installed on Centos 5.8 starts with File operation error and Test Suite fails
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 08:41:03 GMT
Dave,

Apologies, new set of log files attached

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Cottlehuber [mailto:dave@muse.net.nz]
Sent: 21 April 2012 13:51
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Couchdb 1.2 installed on Centos 5.8 starts with File operation error and Test
Suite fails

On 20 April 2012 12:12, Mike Kimber <mkimber@kana.com> wrote:
> Output from 1.2.0.
>
> ./configure --enable-js-trunk
>
> Is attached.
>
> Spider Monkey appears to be the same on all my servers:
>
> [kana@KCEngCI200 apache-couchdb-1.2.0]$ rpm -qa | grep js-dev
> js-devel-1.70-8.el5
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

Test Suite fails

> On 19 April 2012 19:07, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
>> "Nice"? I have to disagree. Overwriting an existing install with a new
>> install code is very likely to go wrong. We've added modules, removed
>> modules, so your overwrite will give you an unknown (and obviously
>> unsupported) blend of old and new. Don't do this.
>>
>> I recommend you fix this first by stopping couchdb, uninstalling all
>> but your databases and configuration files, and then installing 1.2.0
>> again. Even better would be to use a package which would automate this
>> but I don't think there's an RPM for 1.2.0 yet.
>>
>> B.
>
> +1 to all of that.
>
>>> I checked the permissions you listed and they match my couchdb 1.1.1 install,
however on both systems files under /etc/couchdb are owned by root, but are read accessible
by everyone and from the looks of them don't need to be writable by the couchdb user, unless
that changed in 1.2.0?

>>> If I run ./configure without --with-js-trunk I get:

> One would think this is pretty clear :-)
>
>>> I got this on 1.1.1 also.
>
> Can you post (full) output of ./configure script, and config.log?
>
> I'm wondering how your hodge-podge of builds and binaries actually runs at all.
>
> A+
> Dave

Hey Mike, thanks for that but I'm keen to see the failed configure
(i.e. without --js-trunk) so we can see why configure isn't picking up
1.7.0, and why it requires being forced to a newer version.
Something's fishy!

> Can you post the output from below, & resulting config.log somewhere?
>
>  ./configure --with-erlang=/usr/local/lib/erlang/erts-5.7.5/include

A+
Dave