couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When will BigCouch be merged into Apache Couchdb?
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:48:56 GMT
I do have some concerns over this. If I remember correctly there are a couple of API incompatibilities.

Will there be any compatibility issues?

Is BigCouch going to be an optional clustering component/plugin piece?

--
Sean Copenhaver

On Monday, April 2, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> On Apr 2, 2012, at 10:28 AM, Mike Kimber wrote:
>
> > Can anyone able to provide an ETA as to when BigCouch be merged into Apache Couchdb?
> >
> > Or if not provide any idea what the migration might be from BigCouch to the merged
code base?

> > Juts trying to worm out if I should wait for the code merge or move to BigCouch
now.

> > Thanks
> >
> > Mike
>
> Hi Mike, I'm afraid we're still firming up an ETA. I wouldn't anticipate any major issues
migrating from a BigCouch install to a future Apache CouchDB install incorporating the BigCouch
feature set. Regards,