couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Bardubitzki <step...@bardubitzki.com>
Subject Need some advice
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:19:21 GMT
I have a database of events and since events can be multi-day events all
documents have a start_date and end_date. Now I want to get all events
that happen today and those that are starting in the coming days.

How should I determine if today is in the range of start_date and end_date?

To make things more complex an event can be assigned to one or more
categories such as sports, music etc. So the next task would be to get
all events of a certain category that happen today and in the coming days.

Since a db of events might be a common task I hope someone has already
come up with a solution.

Stephan