couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Attila Nagy <...@fsn.hu>
Subject CouchDB slow response times
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 06:28:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm experimenting with CouchDB 1.2.0 (default settings) on FreeBSD 9 and
Erlang r14b on an Intel Xeon X5670 @ 2.93GHz.
I've inserted some (about 50000) simple (one key and a value) entries to
a test database with increasing IDs (1,2,3...) and try to get them with
a simple GET on localhost.
What I see in wireshark (to exclude all parsing overhead):
07:54:21.410845 HTTP GET /test/1
07:54:21.411955 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
07:54:21.509766 the JSON data

So getting an exact document took .098921 seconds (nearly 98.9
milliseconds) on a completely idle machine.

Any subsequent queries are in the order of the above response time,
which is just slow.

Is this what CouchDB and Erlang capable of, or something is wrong in my
setup? I haven't turned compression off, BTW, but will measure its effect.

Thanks,