couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Russell Jones <rjo...@eggycrew.com>
Subject CouchDB 1.2 will not compile on CentOS 5
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 21:01:34 GMT
Hi all,

I am able to compile CouchDB 1.1 without an issue, but cannot compile
1.2 on the exact same server. Receiving the following error when
attempting to compile:

checking jsapi.h usability... no
checking jsapi.h presence... no
checking for jsapi.h... no
checking js/jsapi.h usability... no
checking js/jsapi.h presence... no
checking for js/jsapi.h... no
configure: error: Could not find the jsapi header.

Are the Mozilla SpiderMonkey headers installed?

The JS and JS-Devel packages are installed:

Installed Packages
Name       : js
Arch       : i386
Version    : 1.70
Release    : 8.el5
Size       : 867 k
Repo       : installed
Summary    : JavaScript interpreter and libraries
URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
License    : GPLv2+
language used in millions
            : of web pages and server applications worldwide. Netscape's
JavaScript is a
            : superset of the ECMA-262 Edition 3 (ECMAScript) standard
scripting language,
            : with only mild differences from the published standard.

Name       : js
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 1.70
Release    : 8.el5
Size       : 911 k
Repo       : installed
Summary    : JavaScript interpreter and libraries
URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
License    : GPLv2+
language used in millions
            : of web pages and server applications worldwide. Netscape's
JavaScript is a
            : superset of the ECMA-262 Edition 3 (ECMAScript) standard
scripting language,
            : with only mild differences from the published standard.

Installed Packages
Name       : js-devel
Arch       : i386
Version    : 1.70
Release    : 8.el5
Size       : 1.7 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : Header files, libraries and development documentation for js
URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
License    : GPLv2+
and development
            : documentation for js. If you like to develop programs
using js,
            : you will need to install js-devel.

Name       : js-devel
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 1.70
Release    : 8.el5
Size       : 1.9 M
Repo       : installed
Summary    : Header files, libraries and development documentation for js
URL        : http://www.mozilla.org/js/
License    : GPLv2+
and development
            : documentation for js. If you like to develop programs
using js,
            : you will need to install js-devel.

It is my understanding that version 1.7 of SpiderMonkey is supposed to
be acceptable. I saw that a similar error to this one was supposedly
fixed in 1.2:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1426?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel

What can I do to get CouchDB 1.2 to compile?

Thanks!