couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Heather Airoldi <Heather.Airo...@gordon.edu>
Subject RE: Running a dev instance of Couch
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:57:50 GMT
Thanks for the instructions Dave.  I followed your method on the Wiki, but unfortunately it
does not seem to be working for me.  running the "couchdb -i -a /tmp/couchdb/etc/couchdb/local.ini"
command after following the instructions says that Apache CouchDB is running, but when I try
to access localhost:5985 it can't connect.  Any idea what I did wrong?  Here is my new /tmp/couchdb/etc/couchdb/local.ini
file:

; CouchDB Configuration Settings

; Custom settings should be made in this file. They will override settings
; in default.ini, but unlike changes made to default.ini, this file won't be
; overwritten on server upgrade.

[couchdb]
;max_document_size = 4294967296 ; bytes
database_dir = /tmp/couchdb/var/lib/couchdb
view_index_dir = /tmp/couchdb/var/lib/couchdb
uri_file = /tmp/couchdb/var/run/couchdb/couch.uri

[httpd]
port = 5985
bind_address = 0.0.0.0
; Options for the MochiWeb HTTP server.
;server_options = [{backlog, 128}, {acceptor_pool_size, 16}]
; For more socket options, consult Erlang's module 'inet' man page.
;socket_options = [{recbuf, 262144}, {sndbuf, 262144}, {nodelay, true}]

; Uncomment next line to trigger basic-auth popup on unauthorized requests.
;WWW-Authenticate = Basic realm="administrator"

; Uncomment next line to set the configuration modification whitelist. Only
; whitelisted values may be changed via the /_config URLs. To allow the admin
; to change this value over HTTP, remember to include {httpd,config_whitelist}
; itself. Excluding it from the list would require editing this file to update
; the whitelist.
;config_whitelist = [{httpd,config_whitelist}, {log,level}, {etc,etc}]

[httpd_global_handlers]
;_google = {couch_httpd_proxy, handle_proxy_req, <<"http://www.google.com">>}
"/tmp/couchdb/etc/couchdb/local.ini" 81L, 320

Thanks,
Heather