couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Heather Airoldi <Heather.Airo...@gordon.edu>
Subject Issues with SSL
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 21:03:45 GMT
Hi,

I am running an application using CouchDB version 1.1.1.  The application is written with
HTML, javascript, and jQuery.  Everything was working really nicely until I enabled SSL.
I enabled SSL using the instructions from the wiki : http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_enable_SSL.
 I am using a certificate from Entrust.  Since enabling SSL I am having major issues.

Most notably, replication does not seem to be working anymore.  I am trying to run continuous
replication from a local machine running without SSL to an internet connected server running
SSL using push replication from the local machine to the global one.  I am mainly doing this
through a python script I created that makes use of the couchdb-python library.  This script
worked before the SSL and now it does not.  It seems to start replicating briefly (a few seconds)
but then stops without giving any errors in couch.log or anywhere I can see.

The other issue I have is that occasionally the application will seem to stop receiving updates
to the _changes, so that new documents are not coming in unless I reload the page.  This problem
also was not seen until the SSL was enabled.

Please help.  If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing issues like this it would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Heather G.